- Location: Málaga
Málaga or Malaka, as the Phoencians called the town when it was founded in 770 BC, is the second –most populous city of Andalusia and the sixth –largest in Spain. It lies on the Mediterranean Costa del Sol where winters are mild, and summers are not terribly hot compared to other cities in Spain.
Since Málaga has established itself as a cultural destination in the past few years , during their free time, students will have lots to choose from in this city:
- There are 28 museums , some of them very famous like Picasso’s Museum or The Carmen Thyssen Museum
- There are an amazing number of shops, bars, pubs and restaurants in the historic centre but also in the port area.
- There are fantastic views from the Castle of Gibralfaro and “La Alcazaba”.
- And plenty of other sites worth visiting: the Cathedral and other churches like Felipe Neri or Church of the Holy Martyrs, The Malagueta bullring, The San Miguel Cemetery and Atarazanas Market for example.
The school organizes cultural visits in Malaga and its sorroundings, such as visiting museums, monuments, churches, gardens, etc. Also leisure activities are organized such as playing beach –volley, bowling, going to the cinema, playing football, etc..At the beginning of the course, once a month, you will be welcomed with a Party, creating the perfect opportunity to meet each other, the teachers and the staff.
At the end of the course the school organizes a farewell party. On the weekends you can explore Andalusia. A person of the school will accompany you to visit famous cities like Granada, Seville,Cordoba, etc.as well as typical “ white villages” , like Frigiliana or Mijas. A much desired destination of the students is the weekend trip to Morocco,almost every weekend.
The accommodation is an essential part of your stay in Málaga, that is why we pay special attention to its selection, through regular visits and the feedback from our students. The average distance from the accommodation to the school is 5 to 25 minutes walking or in rare cases 10 minutes taking the bus.
We offer 3 types of carefully selected accommodations:
- Accommodation in shared student apartments
Every apartment has 2 to 4 bedrooms. Two options: double or single rooms. Shared kitchen , bathroom and living room. Apartments are fully equipped.
- Accommodation with a Spanish Host Family
Single or double rooms, halfboard or fullboard is available. Laundry included and change of linen once a week.
- Accommodation in private apartments
Studios, one bedroom apartments, two bedrooms apartment fully equipped. You only have to bring the towels with you.
- Arrivals are normally on Sundays before the course starts.
- Departures are normally on Saturdays after the course finishes.
**To learn more details about accommodation, including prices, please contact us and we will send you a quote for your preference for accommodation and the duration of your stay.
The school is located in a quiet residential area near the beach in a wonderful andalusian style house. In the garden, the sun reflects in the transparent waters of the pool which is very refreshing on hot summer days. On the andalusian patio and BBQ area, shaded by tall trees, you can meet your friends and fellow students and enjoy free time with them.
There are 7 classrooms ( but up to 15 in the summer ) decorated in a modern style to enhance comfort and a relaxing learning environment. The house is situated in a quiet area which allows us to have classes outside somtimes. This is unlike many schools in Malaga which are situated in noisy neighbourhoods that are not suitable for outdoor lessons. The academy was founded in 2002 and since then has been running successfully.
The school provides students the following services:
- 7 spacious and bright classrooms ( 15 in the summer )
- Swiss management
- Quality of teaching: the entire staff is made up of native spanish teachers with university degrees as well as extensive teaching experience.
- Average class size is 6 to 9 students. Maximum students 9
- In the Bodega , in a moroccan style , there are computers with Internet Access , a library , TV and movies.
- WI-FI in the whole school
- A mixture of different students from all over the world
- Availability of rental cars,bicycles and mountain bikes
- Childcare service available
*Pick-up service from Málaga airport can be arranged for a supplement of 50€ one way/85€ both ways
For more detailed information about accommodation, foods, excursions, etc... click here
Ideal for those participants who want to make the most of their stay.
The course based on a communicative method is designed for those participants who wish to achieve a level of Spanish and cultural knowledge in an effective manner having 6 lessons daily.
- Maximum students per class: 9
- Minimum age: 16
- Number of lessons: 30 lessons per week
- Timetable: morning lessons from 08:30 to 14:55h
**Courses begin all year long every Monday
**Total beginners start every 2 weeks